JUST GET OUTDOORS: MEDIA
*Published on Jul 5, 2016
Naturalist and Wildlife Biologist LIZ DOMINGUE leads the Great Smoky Mountains Association Hike from Clingman's Dome to Andrew's Bald to see the Azalea Display. 1.8 miles out and 1.8 miles back, well worth the trip and LIZ gave commentary all along the way. What a wonderful way to see the Great Smoky Mountain National Park! Click on this link to see the 6-minute video.
If you want to see more, check out the following 22-minute version
* Liz's photographs were featured in a photography exhibit celebrating Great Smoky Mountains National Park's 75th anniversary, hosted by the Smoky Mountain Field School. June through December 2009.
*Channel 10 WBIR, Style. Live spot to discuss hiking preparedness as a guide. May 12, 2008.
*Expeditions with Patrick McMillan, Episode 8 - Salamander Mimicry: Who Tastes Good? SC-ETV and the SC Channel, PBS. Air Date: March 3, 2007. Liz joins host Patrick McMillan to show him the salamanders of the Smokies.
*Making Connections, With Dr. David Jones. October 2006. UNC-TV, North Carolina Zoological Park, Asheboro, NC. Interview with Liz for this Public Television documentary.
* Knoxville News Sentinel, Labors of Love, September 3, 2006. Interview and photographic essay on Liz's work as a naturalist, interpretive guide and environmental educator for Just Get Outdoors.
* Smoky Mountain Living Vol. 6 No. 2. Just Get Outdoors. Ann Clayton, Spring 2006. Feature article on Liz's guided interpretive hikes.
*Home & Away. High and Mighty. Barbara Wayman, September/October 2004. Article on Great Smoky Mountains National Park, featuring Liz's guided interpretive hikes in the park.
* Channel 10 WBIR, Style, Wildflower Photography, Apr. 30 2003. Served as host for feature story on photographing wildflowers (basic techniques and advice).
* Personal profile featured in Cool Careers for Girls, Ceel Pasternak, 2003. Impact publications, Manassas Park, VA. 117 pp.
* Featured in Tennessee Off the Beaten Path, A Guide to Unique Places, Tim O’Brien, 2002. The GlobePequot Press, Guilford, CT. 235pp.
* Channel 10 WBIR, Style, Remarkable Women, Oct. 22, 2002. Feature story on Liz's work as a naturalist, interpretive guide and environmental educator.
* Townsend Visitor, Fall 2002 (Knoxville News Sentinel insert Sept. 15, 2002). Feature article by Lois Reagan Thomas on Liz's work as a naturalist and interpretive guide with Outdoor Adventures.
* Turner South Broadcasting, The Natural South, June 2002. Interview and filming for feature story on salamanders of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
*Channel 10 WBIR, Live at Five, June 12, 2001 - Feature story on Liz's work as a naturalist and interpretive guide with Just Get Outdoors.
* Smith, C.R. and Domingue, E.A. 2019. Butterflies and Moths of the Smokies. Great Smoky Mountains Association, Gatlinburg, TN. 301pp.
*Contributing writer for McGraw-Hill Science textbooks, grades 1-5 teacher and pupil editions. 2002, 2003, 2004. Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, NY, NY and National Geographic Society, Washington, DC.
*O’Neill, D.M. and Domingue, E.A. 1998. Paddling Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge. Falcon Publishing, Inc., Helena, MT. 148pp.
* Domingue-O'Neill, E. 1995. Amphibian and reptile communities of temporary ponds in a managed pine flatwoods. M.S. Thesis, University of Florida, Gainesville. 106pp.
*Domingue, E.A. and Decker, D.J. 1989. Understanding Wildlife Management: An instructional package/videotape for 4-H Leaders and Teachers. Instructional Materials Service and Cornell Cooperative Extension, Department of Natural Resources, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. 156pp.
* Domingue, E.A., Goff, G.R., and Decker, D.J. Woodcock Management: An instructional package. Instructional Materials Service, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
Liz Offers Guide Service
Hiking and Backpacking Vacations
Nature Photography Workshops